During the summer of 2017, I was responsible for the creation of a new Lexicology textbook and curriculum at Hebei Normal University (HNU in Shijiazhuang, China). This encompassed:
- Researching which topics to include, based on both educational standards and student need and ability;
- Designing information architecture for the material;
- Developing the voice and tone;
- Writing the text of a hundred-page book and supplementary materials;
- Teaching the final product during the following semester; and
- Subsequently making improvements based on findings from students, tests, and my own observations.
The main body of the project lasted for three months, from June to August, with revisions and improvements taking place on an ongoing basis after that. I primarily worked alone, with advising from university faculty stakeholders and input from students.